My Learnings: Start Up, Management, Venture Capital, Work Life

Here is what a first time entrepreneur experiences in building a start-up and life... mistakes,learning and growth

Monday, January 02, 2006

Business Plan and Business Model

I realise that writing a business plan is also the best way to hone your thoughts and improve them. As I rewrite my financials and plan, it occurs that our understanding on the whole model and plan has undergone a change again. My colleague questions this... Is it uncertainty of what we are trying to do? Is it that we have failed to explore all the options first?

I think it's none. A business is more like Sense of direction... . I once read that Business is often like a game of football. You know, where the goal post is and keep moving towards there. But game changes every 10 yards and you steer, adjust, reverse, forward etc... and keep moving towards the post.

It fits what we are going through. We keep moving, and on the way see newer horizons, inputs and then adjust to get more firm. It's possible to stick one single model and still succeed. But I think one will not unleash the full potential of an opportunity then.

Anyways, Carwale.com is the best learning event of my life. Most exciting too... Very true that entrepreneurship is the closest a man can have to give birth. Right Now, I can see first at work, other at home.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM , Blogger sumit said...

    The more i read about you, the more you inspire me, thanks for your valuable advice and suggestions. I am also in a start up phase of business - thanks sumit

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home